This year we’re delighted to be supporting The Island as our chosen charity.
The Island has a carefully selected team of volunteers who mentor children and young people, who live chaotic lives, witness domestic violence, abuse and grow up in poverty and neglect. There are hundreds of children and young people in York who do not have the opportunity or aspiration to fulfil their potential and the mentors help to raise self esteem, provide ‘normality’ and stability. As well as this they offer inspiration to enhance many young lives, helping to reduce anti-social and criminal behaviour in our communities.
Our team are fully behind the cause and have already :
- donated Easter Eggs for an egg hunt at their family themed Easter fun day
- installed charity tins in both office reception areas
- voted for the Island to receive £1000 donation from https://www.ecclesiastical.com/movement-for-good/nominate-a-charity/
- volunteered to be crew members at York Dragon Boat race on 14th July 2019
- signed up for the York 10k sponsored run in early August
Shortly we will be asking our team and registered temporary staff to select ‘The Island’ as their chosen charity (“The Island N1”) when shopping via Amazon Smile. Each time someone makes a purchase via Amazon Smile a donation will be made to the Island.
We are looking forward to getting involved in other future fundraising events and initiatives to help make a difference for our local children and improve their lives.