Are you passionate about the care and welfare of disabled children?
Are you looking for temporary Waking Nights relief work?
This is a part time relief role, covering night shifts of 10pm – 8am, with a minimum of 6 shifts over a 4 week rotation.
You will be working alone during the night shift.
The rate of pay is £13.41/hour.
The successful candidates will ideally have:
- Experience in supporting children and young people with complex health care needs.
- Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
The role includes:
- Responsibility for the care of the children
- Responsibility for the security of the building
- Respond to incidents relating to health/challenging behaviour/administration of medicine
- Support any emergency regarding fire outbreak & evacuation
- Participate in preparation & serving of breakfast
- Respond effectively to physical/emotional/social needs of children
- Carry out 30 minute checks on all children during the night
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all Work with York staff to share this commitment. Ideally you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply using our application form or upload your CV (with full employment history and contact details of at least two referees – one of whom should be your current or more recent employer).