Are you able to work under pressure to tight deadlines?
Have you previous experience of working on multiple projects?
Are you highly organised and able to work on your own initiative?
Here at WorkwithYork, we are seeking a confident, assertive and methodical Waste Management Officer for a busy department in waste services.
You will join a busy and hardworking team for a 6 month full time temporary assignment based on James Street, York.
Paid at £12.58 per hour, you will be working on projects within the waste management team and will also deal with handling complaints.
In this role you will promote and improve the waste management service to the residents in York and identify areas for improvement.
- Delivering communication campaigns in York
- Producing reports
- Act as a spokesperson for waste service
- Management of budgets
- Undertake consultation with the public
- Knowledge of waste management – desirable
- Excellent written, verbal and IT skills
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data in complex spreadsheets
- Numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – You will be presenting reports and speaking to members of the public
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.