Our client is responsible for the delivery of a high quality mini bus passenger transport service to a variety of care and activity sites/centres within York.
As part of the role you will:
- Assist customers on and off the vehicles (training will be given in respect of wheelchair lifts) in conjunction with a Driver, ensuring customers are safely board the vehicle.
- You will supervise clients between premises and vehicle and whilst travelling on the vehicle, to ensure the comfort and safety of the client, other passengers and the driver.
- You will be working with clients who may have physical disabilities and learning difficulties, therefore applicants must be patient and considerate in dealing with clients, carers and staff.
- Be comfortable communicating with clients, their relatives, care homes and community workers and centres
- Applicants should be able to communicate well with people and have the ability to work closely with other staff, whilst showing flexibility and initiative.
The successful candidate will work closely with a Driver on each route and develop a working relationship ensuring that a high quality service is continuously maintained.
For more information and to apply, please email your CV or contact us on 01904 554234 for an application form or for more information.
Please make sure your CV has contact details of two referees – including your most recent employer (and that your referees know you are applying).
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.