Are you a supportive, empathetic Support Worker?
Can you work collaboratively with families and stakeholders?
Are you available to start work as quickly as possible, (subject to all relevant checks)?
Based in York
3 months possibly longer
Our client is looking for a Child and Family Support Worker to:-
- provide interventions in support of assessments under Section 17 Children Act 1989.
- work with children and their families to prevent children from entering into Local Authority care.
- contribute to the single assessment of a child’s needs by assessing the quality of relationships and attachment between children and their parents, carers and siblings and the nature and level of risk posed to children.
- provide support and guidance to families.
- plan interventions in conjunction with children and young people and their parents/carers that would support their health, physical, mental and social development and well-being.
- supervise and assess contact.
- support carers to look after children in complex circumstances and prevent placements from breaking down.
The successful applicant will have
- Current experience of working across agency practice with others involved in the care and support of children, e.g. acute/ community health services, the police, schools and colleges, to achieve excellent outcomes for children and young people
- Excellent organisational skills and effective time management.
- Good IT skills sufficient to record details of work on an electronic case record system and use an electronic diary.
- Ability to present information, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- A qualification equivalent to Level 3 (e.g. social care, child care, NVQ in working with parents and children) or a relevant degree (e.g. psychology)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. We will require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or call 01904 566066 for more information.
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.