Our clients are seeking an experienced qualified social worker for their Children in Permanent Placements Team based in York.
You will be responsible for all statutory functions including safeguarding for children and young people in long term looked after placements . The role is for an immediate start and will be for at least 2 months.
You will have experience of
- Care planning and reviewing
- Education planning
- Liaison with foster carers and relationship building with children and young people
- Child centred assessments using appropriate frameworks and regulations
- Producing high quality, accurate and timely reports.
This temporary role is for upto 2 months in the first instance. Pay will depend on experience, but is expected to be in the range £20 to £30 an hour.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- A minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience within a Safeguarding Children team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply using our application form or upload your CV (with full employment history and contact details of at least two referees – one of whom should be your current or more recent employer).
For an informal discussion about this roles please call Emily Peart at WorkwithYork on 01904 554368.
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.