Our clients in York are seeking a temporary Qualified Adoption Social Worker for an immediate start.
The role will include:-
- Assessing prospective adopters
- Working with adopters post approval
- Family finding for children
- Adoption support work
- Assessment and report writing
You should :-
- Have a relevant professional qualification in Social Work (Social Work Degree, CQSW, DipSW or equivalent);
- Be registered with the HCPC;
- Ideally have at least 3 years PQE of working in adoption;
- Have good assessment and report writing skills;
- Have the highest standard of professional practice;
- Be committed to child-focused and customer orientated service;
This temporary role is for upto 3 months in the first instance. Pay will depend on experience, but is expected to be in the range £20 to £28 an hour.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply using our application form or upload your CV (with full employment history and contact details of at least two referees – one of whom should be your current or most recent employer).
For an informal discussion about this role please call Karen Bull at WorkwithYork on 01904 554675
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.