This is an exciting temporary opportunity to work in a brand new role for our clients in York, commissioning and monitoring all accommodation opportunities for Looked After Children in the city, including but not limited to Fostering.
Supervising a team of up to ten social workers and family support workers who are focussed on:-
- Placement finding, including residential care, specialist assessment centres and fostering;
- Supporting foster and familial foster carers and special guardians;
- Commisioning bespoke packages of support;
- Recruitment & selection of foster carers.
Individually responsible for:-
- Supervision/management of social workers;
- Quality assurance of placement, commissioning & support;
- Safeguarding investigations;
- Data management and reporting;
- Budget management.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and enthusiastic social worker with the ability to motivate, support and manage a team who :-
- Has a relevant professional qualification in Social Work (Social Work Degree, CQSW, DipSW or equivalent);
- Is registered with the HCPC;
- Has at least 4 years PQE of working with looked after children and foster carers;
- Can demonstrate a successful track record in team leadership and staff management;
- Has the highest standard of professional practice;
- Is committed to child-focused and customer orientated service;
- Can show a good working knowldge of current fostering regulations and Ofsted inspection requirements;
- Has a good understanding of commissioning and monitoring support arrangements.
This temporary role is for upto 3 months in the first instance. Pay will depend on experience, but is expected to be in the range £30 to £35 an hour.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply using our application form or upload your CV (with full employment history and contact details of at least two referees – one of whom should be your current or more recent employer).
For an informal discussion about this roles please call Emily Peart at WorkwithYork on 01904 554368.
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.