We are looking for Customer Service Assistants, acting in a cover capacity, to support the front line delivery in all libraries and cafes as and when required.
You will be confident and willing to engage with customers of all ages and understand what it means to deliver excellent customer service. You will be required to work in the libraries and also within the library cafes in York city centre, Tang Hall, Acomb, Homestead Park and Rowntree Park. You must be available to work regular evenings and weekends as the librarys are open 7 days a week. Your main duties will be:
- IT literate to support customers using the public access computers
- Using cash registers to ensure any money taken is accurately recorded
- Promote reading and ensure theat book displays are attractive and are replenished and changed
- Support staff to deliver a range of events in the library eg under 5’s story time, Summer Reading Challenge etc etc
- Prepare and serve light food and refreshments in the cafes
- Ensure all areas in the cafe are kept clean and tidy, clearing tables and washing pots
You must be able to use IT resources with confidence and familiar with modern technology such as social media, tablets, e-readers and are available through Explore York Libraries and Archives.
If you do not have a basic food hygiene certificate, you will be required to complete this on line, costing £12.
To apply please email your CV or complete an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.