Adoption Social Worker
WorkwithYork are looking for a qualified social worker with experience of adoption work or permanency planning to join our client’s Adoption Team.
Working in the recruitment and assessment of prospective adopters, provide training and support, family finding for those children with an adoption plan you’ll also offer suppport to families when children are placed pre and post adoption.
- Be enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Have active listening skills, an ability to assimilate a variety of information, analyse key facts and reach quick balanced decisions determining appropriate courses of action.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Need an appropriate social work qualification (CQSW, Dip, SW, CSS or equivalent) and HCPC registration.
- Demonstrate recent experience in care planning work, adoption or permanency planning social work.
- Be eligibile to work within the UK.
Our clients can offer a supportive specialist team within a central York location (close to park and ride & York Station) with pool cars available for travel in and out of area.
We can offer competitive rates of pay, PAYE, holiday pay, pension. This would be an initial three-month assignment with potential for extension.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form.
WorkwithYork are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally, you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service; otherwise, we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Applications for this position are closed, but if you’re interested in similar positions get in touch and we’ll contact you when something becomes available.
If you have a similar vacancy that you’d like to advertise please get in touch to see how WorkwithYork can help find you the right candidate.