Do you genuinely care about other people’s lives?
Can you provide support, motivation and inspiration to a group of young carers?
Have you working knowledge of National Occupational Standards for Youth Work (NOS) coupled with a professional qualification in youth and community work, teaching, childcare or health and social care.
We are working with our client to recruit a Young Carer Support Worker based in York
– 22 hours per week, 1 year fixed term contract (maybe extended subject to funding)
£21,962 – £22,658 per annum pro rata
The successful post holder will be able to;
• Work flexibly responding to the needs of young carers,
• Remain up to date with a range of information and advice and activities
• Provide regular 1:1 sessions supporting the most vulnerable young carers.
• Produce high standards of evidence of their work through effective report writing and case management.
This role will work sensitively with children and young people and it will be key to understand their needs and those of their families.
The position involves working some evenings, occasional weekends and during school holidays. The Young Carer Support Worker will be required to provide transport/escort children and young people where necessary and appropriate.
A full clean driving licence and access to a car for work is essential. The employer offers a supportive working environment with learning and development opportunities, 29 days holiday per year plus public holidays, reduced pro rata, and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested then please contact us as soon as possible on 01904 566066 – the closing date is 12th March.Download application form