WorkwithYork are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their clients Fostering Team.
You will have:
• Experience as a Social Worker within fostering team
• Experience supervising Social Worker who is familiar with the fostering regulation and national minimum standards
• The ability to prioritise your workload
• Strong empathetic interpersonal skills and sensitivity
• Active listening skills, an ability to assimilate a variety of information, analyse key facts and reach quick balanced decisions determining appropriate courses of action;
• Good administrative, IT skills, and the ability to use case recording systems; ideally MOSIAC.
• Great communication
We can offer:
• Work in a supportive specialist team;
• Central York location (close to park and ride & station), with pool cars available for travel in and out of area
• An initial 3 month assignment, with the potential for extension;
• Competitive rates of pay, PAYE, holiday pay, pension.
• An appropriate Social Work qualification: CQSW, Dip. SW, CSS or equivalent;
• SWE registration
• Eligibility to work within the UK
• Recent experience in care planning work.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally, you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service; otherwise, we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
WorkwithYork are supporting @SafeguardingWeek2020 (Monday 22 ‘til Friday 26 June 2020) and their campaign #TellUsYourConcerns to promote and raise awareness on how to report abuse of children, young people and adults, in our area.Download application form