Have you experience of working on highways projects/schemes?
Do you have a current valid NRSWRA Supervisor card?
Have you an HNC in Civil Engineering or relevant experience?
WorkwithYork, are seeking a confident, assertive and methodical Streetworks Inspector to inspect all aspects of public utility and highway authority approved work, including the co-ordination of all works carried out.
You will join a busy and hardworking team for up to 6 month in a full time temporary assignment.
The rate of pay for this role will be up to £18.04, although this will be dependent upon experience.
Main duties will include:
- To inspect all aspects of utility work and co- ordinate works to ensure compliance of NRSWA and Traffic Management Act.
- Undertake section 74 monitoring and overrun charges.
- Section 81 inspection collating information on breaches of H&S and poor workmanship as per the sample unit inspections.
- Advise and agreeing minor TM application and site meetings
- Valid NRSWA Supervisor Card
- ONC Civil Engineering or relevant experience
- Experience on highways projects/schemes
- Ability to assess the requested timescales for a wide range of utility work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Valid UK driving licence, as inspecting sites across York
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.