Are you a qualified electrician with street lighting exposure?
Have G39 and IPAF 1b experience?
Our client is looking for a Street Lighting Electrician to join their street lighting operations team based and working in York for an initial 6 months.
The purpose of this role is undertaking installation, maintenance and routine work for a full range of highway lighting apparatus including street lighting columns, lanterns, brackets, poles and signs.
This is a physically demanding role which will involve you working outdoors, on public highways and at heights. You may also be required to form part of a call out rota to attend to emergencies outside of normal working hours as required.
Duties will involve:
- Installation connection/disconnection of street lighting lanterns/circuits
- Safe isolation and connection of supplies (highway electrical)
- Electrical testing of street lighting columns/circuits
- Some minor excavation works if working with crews
- Test and repair of street lighting faults on both DNO and private electrical circuits
- Any other street lighting/highway electrical duties asked to be undertaken
- Liaising with contractors/internal and external agencies at times
- Respond to supervisors instructions
You will need the following:
Previous experience of the Street Lighting industry/Civils works, operating machinery, working on the highway and at height is preferable, as well as a full understanding of utility drawings and the dangers of damaging underground services.
- Qualified electrician to City & Guilds Electrical Installations 236 (Parts 1&2) or similar approved
- IPAF MEWP operation training or experience
- G39/1 210 Working in the vicinity of DNO
- 7.5 Tonne Driving licence
- NRSWA Operative
This is a full time role, with a minimum of 37 hours a week.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.