WorkwithYork are looking for Young People’s Residential Care Workers for work in and around York.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will support a young person with complex needs, in a rural residential setting north of York.
£14.31 per hour
6 months possibly longer
Working over a 24/7 shift pattern, which includes day, evening and weekend shifts, as well as sleep in duties, you’ll support with behaviour and physical and mental well-being, education and recreation in order to work towards a positive outcome for this young person.
In this challenging but rewarding role, you’ll work within a small team on each shift to help create a stable family-type environment in which the young person feels safe and you can model positive behaviours and support in planned activities.
Successful candidates will ideally:
- have experience supporting young people with EBD;
- be able to work as part of a highly skilled team;
- work dynamically in line with policies, procedures and risk assessments;
- have experience of working with young people with mild learning disabilities;
- be able to use Makaton;
- have a full clean UK driving licence and access to a car;
- be confident writing reports and completing structured handovers with other team members;
- be qualified at NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care Children and Young People or have equivalent experience.
WorkwithYork are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment.
Ideally you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply by completing our application form or email your full CV including two references to email@example.com – one of your referees should be your current or most recent employer or for more information, please call Amy on 01904 566066
Download application form