Our client has an interim position to take the lead role for delivery of the Department for Transport’s £1.2m Active Travel Programme in York.
The candidate will be from a highways or transport planning background, somebody who enjoys stakeholder engagement and has proven project management skills.
The role will involve taking proposed cycling and walking schemes from conception through to delivery. The successful candidate will manage and guide the schemes through the clients project assurance process. The key tasks are to oversee design, public consultation, reporting and procurement of external consultants and suppliers to enable the schemes to be delivered.
- Bringing expertise and knowledge to direct and project manage and deliver the project within budget, on time and to meet the expectations of stakeholders and customers.
- You will have detailed involvement in all aspects of the project. This will require frequent attendance at meetings and taking responsibility for actions to ensure the smooth progress of the project.
- Regular liaison with customers and others affected by the project, including attendance at public meetings (where feasible) and representing the client by giving presentations and responding to questions. This will be particularly relevant at the planning stage.
- This role will involve working with a myriad of stakeholders including Planning, Design and Construction, Procurement, Land Owners, both internally and externally, which will have a direct impact on the progress and success of the project in terms of timescales, costs, team working efficiencies and customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Evidence of experience of working on and delivering successful million pound plus projects, Highways or Transport related ideally but not a prerequisite.
- Relevant Diploma/NVQ/Degree or Civil Engineering or Project Management qualification or a background in Highways/Transport, Planning or Science based.
- Evidence of managing budgets, co-ordinating activity in relation to the administration of contractors/consultants.
- Exceptional strong stakeholder engagement given the multitude of individuals, companies and service users involved in the project.
- Evidence of experience or deep understanding of the technical, procedural and contractual responsibilities within a project.
- Experience/Knowledge in:
- Project management skills in planning, communication, organisation, finance and risk
- Contract law
- Design standards
- Construction techniques
- Sustainable asset management
To apply, please email your CV or ring us on 07922 425165 for an application form or for more information.
Regrettably we can’t respond to every application we receive and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.