Planning Lawyer – Locum (3-6 months)
WorkwithYork are working with Local Authority clients in York and seeking a full time Planning Lawyer for an interim 3-6 month assignment.
Working in a specialist team you’ll manage a varied workload of planning matters, which will include:-
- Attending Planning Committee and advising Members;
- Working on s106 agreements;
- Managing highways issues including relating to s.278 and s.38;
- Advising on and drafting enforcement notices;
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on general planning and highways agreements and reports;
- Providing technical legal advice in relation to major projects
You will have recent and relevant Local Government experience, which includes up-to-date knowledge of planning and environmental impact legislation in relation to a local authority and ideally (as this is York!) listed buildings experience.
This opportunity would suit a solicitor or barrister with at least 2 years PQE or a locum with equivalent planning law expertise.
Pay will depend on experience and this position falls within IR35.
This full time role is based in modern offices in York City Centre but some home-based working may also be feasible.
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and complete our application form. To discuss the role further, please call Karen Bull or Ben Saddler on 01904 566066.
Download application form