We have a new and exciting opportunity to become a Local Area Support Practitioner-
You will have:
- Experience of working with families – where appropriate and required to work directly with children, young people and families in a proportionate and outcomes focused way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to respond in a variety of different situations and deliver information effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to empathise and work in a sensitive manner with people who may be under stress.
- The understanding to manage risk and apply thresholds and seek support where necessary.
- The ability to maintain knowledge of safeguarding, thresholds and appropriate risk management.
- Good IT skills in order to make use of standard office packages and use databases (e.g. case management systems) to record and retrieve information.
- The knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures and to pro-actively discuss risk management.
- Commitment to championing the voice of children, young people and families.
- Experience of using MOSAIC, the Children’s Services Case Management System would be very beneficial.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment.
Ideally, you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service; otherwise, we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.Download application form