Our clients in York are seeking a Social Worker to join their Hospital Social Work Team. This full time role is for an immediate start for an initial 3 months.
Core responsibilities, tasks and duties are:
- Assessing service users, mental capacity and best interest decisions.
- Liasing with the discharge liason team, as well as ward staff and family members.
- Arranging care packages on discharge and step down beds.
- Completing reviews and support plans.
- Reporting any delays with service users.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A good understanding of hospital social work.
- IT skills, preferably experienced with Mosaic.
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent).
- Be eligible to work within the UK.
- A minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience within an Adult Social Work team.
Pay will depend on qualifications and experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. We will require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form.
Social Work, Assessment, CommunicationDownload application form