Our client is looking for an experienced Highways Technician for 6 months potentially longer, to work on a multitude of projects/schemes. They wish to appoint an individual to assist in the delivery of Highways schemes based in York.
In this pivotal role you will be supporting our client and will be working in conjunction with site engineers, inspectors, supervisors and project managers to deliver work as required.
Requirements for the role:
- Good understanding of design principles, design standards and contract and tendering procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Method of Measurement for Highway Works and estimating.
- Previous experience of Highways/Highways Maintenance schemes
- Ideally experience of designing of Cycle Ways and Footway Schemes
- Strong knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Previous experience of Site Supervision, Project Management and Highways Design (is desirable).
- Experience of working for a local authority (desirable but not essential)
- Strong CAD/AutoCAD skills.
To apply, please email your CV or ring us on 07922 425165 for an application form or for more information.
Regrettably we can’t respond to every application we receive and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.