We have an exciting opportunity for a Highways Operations Manager to join our Client’s team in their York depot. No two days will be the same in this fast paced and dynamic environment.
You will work alongside stakeholders to deliver results in often challenging conditions, holding responsibility for the delivery of a range of Transport, Highways, Traffic and General Engineering projects. You will help to develop, manage and maintain the clients biggest asset, ensuring its resilience and accessibility.
As a Highways Operations Manager you will:
- Provide effective management of all Highways related staff, vehicles and resources, You will also be responsible for the day to day running of a range of operations within the Service; managing a team of supervisors and operational staff.
- Review, revise and innovate as necessary standard operating procedures to ensure they deliver the safest, most efficient and effective way of achieving the desired outcomes.
- Actively monitor and ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies in health and safety, vehicle checks, defect reporting/rectification, sickness absence and discipline.
- Ensure all reporting staff are properly supported, motivated, trained and equipped to fulfil the roles and responsibilities required of them.
- Direct and supervise personnel to maximise performance and achieve planned objectives by setting work plans and targets, conducting appraisals and dealing with the preliminary and intermediate stages of performance management.
- Contribute to the business planning process and to produce, monitor and report on such operational plans as are necessary to achieve the relevant objectives in the plan.
- Manage and report service delivery performances and that work is aligned to the required timescales, quality standards and cost effective delivery.
- Have strong knowledge of highway maintenance best practice, techniques and materials.
- Have appropriate industry experience
- Hold a technical qualification degree or similar
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience in designing, specifying and contract supervision of projects, developing and implementing solutions for civil engineering works.
- Have proven efficient and effective management skills
To apply please complete our application form, or email your CV (with contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer) to email@example.com or for more information please call Stephen Horne on 01904 554234.
Please note, this is a temporary on-going assignment
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.Download application form