Are you a qualified electrician interested in working in street lighting?
Have 18th Edition Wiring Regulations?
Full time role, with a minimum of 37 hours a week.
Our client is looking for a Street Lighting Electrician to join their street lighting operations team based and working in York for an initial 6 months, potentially temp to perm.
The purpose of this role is undertaking installation, maintenance and routine work for a full range of highway lighting apparatus including street lighting columns, lanterns, brackets, poles and signs.
This is a physically demanding role which will involve you working outdoors, on public highways and at heights.
Duties will involve:
- Installation connection/disconnection of street lighting lanterns/circuits
- Safe isolation and connection of supplies (highway electrical)
- Electrical testing of street lighting columns/circuits
- Some minor excavation works if working with crews
- Test and repair of street lighting faults
- Any other street lighting/highway electrical duties asked to be undertaken
Ideally you will have previous experience of the Street Lighting industry/Civils works, operating machinery, working on the highway and at height is preferable, as well as a full understanding of utility drawings and the dangers of damaging underground services.
Our client will consider training individuals who are qualified electricians to City & Guilds Electrical Installations 236 (Parts 1&2) or similar approved.
Experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
- IPAF MEWP operation training or experience
- G39/1 210 Working in the vicinity of DNO
- 7.5 Tonne Driving licence
- NRSWA Operative
To apply, please email your CV or ring us on 07922 425165 for an application form or for more information.
Regrettably we can’t respond to every application we receive and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.Download application form