Have a comprehensive knowledge of highway construction techniques and specifications?
Have a NRSWA qualification and CSCS card?
Our client is looking for a Highways Adoptions Inspector to join their highways adoptions team based and working in York for an initial 6 months.
The purpose of this role is undertaking close inspections on either newly delivered adoptable highways or around existing highways to ensure they are constructed to adoptable standards.
Duties will involve:
- Assess and inspect the standard of work being undertaken during the construction of prospectively maintainable public highways and works within existing highways.
- Providing support/assistance to colleagues within the team in managing the highways development and adoption functions/activities to facilitate the safe use of the public highway for the benefit of all road users.
You will need the following:
- Experience as a Highway Inspector/Site Manager/Project Manager with the ability to assess the acceptability of highway construction for a wide range of developments; relevant experience in highway/civil engineering, drainage or other related discipline would be beneficial.
- A comprehensive knowledge of highway construction techniques and specifications including the ability to consider and generate adaptations or range of options.
- Ideally a certificate in New Roads and Street Works Supervising (NRSWA)
- Have the relevant CSCS card to ensure access to a wide variety of sites.
This is a full time role, with a minimum of 37 hours a week.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.