Fleet Workshop Operations Manager
Temporary Assignment – minimum 3 months possibly longer term
Our client based in York, is looking for a forward-thinking person from a technical maintenance, Vehicle, HGV or Plant background that has experience of controlling a busy Workshop.
As Workshop Manager, working Monday to Friday, you will work at the heart of the clients operation and be responsible for the operational management of the workshop. You will ensure work is distributed to Technicians and HGV Technicians, ensuring that vehicles are inspected, maintained, repaired and MOT’d (where necessary)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the DVSA approved MOT station
- Manage workflow through the workshop including service, MOT and repair schedules
- Booking MOT slots and arranging vehicles into the workshop for MOT preparation
- Ensuring company documentation/records relating to service/repair reporting is completed correctly and on time (use of Tranman would be advantage)
- Responsible for supervision of staff, health & safety/VOSA records and invoice & payment processes.
You will need to have:
- Previous supervisory experience in a Workshop environment, as a mechanic/technician, minimum level 3 NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Technically competent with all types of workshop equipment
- Knowledge of relevant legislation associated with workshop or fleet management
- A full and current driving licence
- Ideally a National Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)/HGV Licence
- Experience of MIS inc Tranman & FMS, beneficial but not essential
If you are either a Workshop Manager or an experienced Engineer / Technician with supervisory experience.