Are you an experienced Engineering Technician?
Do you have experience producing technical drawings using AutoCAD?
Are you immediately available?
We are WorkwithYork and we are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Engineering Technician to work in a small team of Engineers and Technicians in the design and delivery of transport / highway projects.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the investigation of local traffic, pedestrian and safety problems and in the production of initial and detailed designs for a range of transport and engineering related projects
- Assisting in the supervision of contractors ensuring that the work is delivered as specified within agreed timescales
- Designing and preparing display material for use in consultations, meetings, committees and online
- Producing technical scheme drawings using AutoCAD
- Liaising with consultants, contractors, statutory undertakers, general public and other appropriate bodies
- Assisting in the Road Safety Audit process by becoming a member of the audit team, reviewing and assessing the safety implications of design proposals and completed highway schemes
- Analysing accident records and surveys, updating and validating where appropriate and arranging and supervising surveys
Experience required for the role:
- Educated to HND or equivalent in Civil or Traffic Engineering
- 5 years minimum relevant experience within Highway Engineering, Municipal Engineering, Traffic Engineering or similar
- A good understanding of civil engineering principles and experience in undertaking studies, designs and costings,
- Familiarity with Safety Audit processes, relevant Codes of Practice and design guidance, CDM Regulations and Health and Safety requirements
In addition to the above you will be self motivated with strong IT skills and experience of using AutoCAD, digital mapping and publishing applications.
This role is to start immediately, so please apply today!
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
Download application form