Are you an experienced Contaminated Land Officer?
Have you experience of assessing planning applications?
Are you able to manage contaminated land projects and deal with complaints?
Familiar with GIS, software and databases?
We have a rare opportunity for you to join our client as a Contaminated Land Officer, base in York.
As a Contaminated Land Officer, you will be assisting the client’s environmental team in carrying out the inspection and risk assessment of Contaminated Land sites, responding to planning consultations and other contaminated land work.
As a Contaminated Land Officer you will be:
- Mainly reviewing contaminated land related information submitted through the planning team, external partners and clients, potential contaminated land investigation and related activities.
- Playing a key role in supporting the leadership of the team and the day to day management on delivery of projects involving investigation, assessment and remediation of land contamination.
- Mainly office based but with some field-based activities.
You will need:
- A degree in Environmental Science or other relevant degree.
- Experience of the planning system and how it relates to contaminated land.
- Experience of working with geographic information systems software (GIS) and interpreting geotechnical data.
- Strong knowledge of contaminated land including an understanding of legislation (Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act), and risk assessments.
- To be able to present technical information in a simple form to internal and external non technical partners.
The role is on a temporary basis, initially full-time for about 2 months, with a strong possibility for the role to continue on a part-time basis following this. The rate of pay for this role is up to £33 per hour, depending upon experience.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.