Community Short Breaks Workers required
Minimum rate of £10.30 per hour (plus weekend enhancements)
Drivers would be ideal
Community Short Breaks support disabled children and young people with learning disabilities, autism, difficulties with communication, complex health care needs or physical disabilities, enabling them to be involved in social and leisure activities.
We are seeking staff to work various hours, mostly during evenings, weekends and throughout school holidays, to suit the children and their families.
You should have:-
- Experience of working with children and young people with autism and challenging behaviour – either in a paid, voluntary or personal capacity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An enthusiastic, proactive, thoughtful and creative approach.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection.
- Flexibility to work in family homes or the community, alone or as part of a team according to the child’s needs.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. All applicants must complete an application form with two relevant references. We will require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
For more information please contact the WorkwithYork team on 01904 566066.Download application form