City of York Trading Ltd are looking for a Non Executive Director
City of York Trading Ltd (CYT) has offices in some of York’s most prestigious locations and trades as a recruitment agency under the ‘WorkwithYork’ and ‘WorkwithSchools’ brands.
Since formation in 2011 initially providing supply teachers for local schools, we have expanded into a fully-fledged recruitment agency supplying temporary and permanent staff across a range of sectors. CYT is wholly owned by the City of York Council.
We are now seeking to appoint an additional Non Executive Director to our Board and are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience at a senior level in either B2B sales, business development, recruitment, human resources or other relevant commercial disciplines.
You will be required to attend a Board meeting once a month in York and other various ad-hoc meetings. It is envisaged that you will generally have to commit half a day monthly, however there will be an occasional need for up to 2 days.
This role is non-remunerated, though allowable expenses incurred in performing Non Executive Director duties will be reimbursed.
The ideal candidate
Will have gained considerable experience in a relevant senior management role and will be comfortable working at board level. Though previous board experience is not essential, you must be able to actively and positively contribute, influence and support the executive to achieve CYT’s stated objectives, also:-
• Local to the York area
• Able to commit from half a day to two days per month
• Well networked and able to draw upon your connections where appropriate
• Have a strong track record of success in a commercial business/enterprise
• Comfortable with business plans, P&L’s and financial metrics
• Credible and presentable
• Willing to play an active role and utilise your skills and experience to support the executive
• Have strong interpersonal skills
• Senior management experience in any of the following disciplines:
– Business to Business sales
– Business Development
– Human Resources
– Relevant Commercial
• Curious and inquisitive with the ability to challenge the status quo
• Good developmental, coaching and mentoring skills
• A thorough understanding of the dynamics and challenges associated with recruitment
For an informal discussion about this role, please telephone Karen Bull, Managing Director on 01904 554675.
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Monday September 23rd, 2019Download application form