• An experienced manager within Children’s Services?
• A highly skilled leader with fantastic communication skills with the ability to lead from the top?
• Able to successfully engage, develop, mentor and train skilled social workers?
• Available to start as soon as possible? (subject to employment checks)
WorkwithYork are actively looking to recruit Senior Managers to work closely with leaders at our client’s Children’s Services department in York. This interim assignment for up-to 6 months initially, is based at offices in central York ideally located for the railway station.
York is a fantastic city, there is so much for families and children especially to see and do. Our clients are determined to make sure that all children & vulnerable young people are able to benefit from all this great city has to offer.
We are looking for managers to work in different areas across the children’s services team but all must be experienced in managing social work teams and passionate about providing the highest possible levels of service & care. It is key that you have the ability to manage and develop staff working to agreed standards, build regulatory frameworks, provide high quality and reflective supervision and are able to identify risk , review and update compliance & controls.
To be successful you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW)
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to live & work in the United Kingdom
- A minimum of 2/3 years recent experience managing teams of social workers, ideally in children’s services with a focus on Safeguarding Interventions/Child Protection (experience of Child in Need/Disabilities would also be advantageous).
- The ability to manage performance, engage and motivate your team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment.
Ideally you will have a current valid DBS registered with the update service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply using our application form or upload your CV (with full employment history and contact details of at least two referees – one of whom should be your current or more recent employer).
Deadline for applications: Thursday July 18th, 2019Download application form