WorkwithYork are working with clients in York who have new temporary opportunities for Qualified Social Workers to join the Children’s Assessment Team.
You will have:-
- Experience of working with families and assessing risk and needs
- Experience in arranging strategy meetings, completing S.47 enquiries and S.17 assessments within a timescale.
- Active listening skills, an ability to assimilate a variety of information, analyse key facts and reach quick balanced decisions determining appropriate courses of action;
- Experience of prioritising your workload and responding to tight deadlines in a fast-paced specialist children’s social work team;
- Excellent organisation and time keeping skills.
- Good administrative and IT skills and the ability to use case recording systems (ideally Mosaic);
- An excellent understanding of outcomes for young people, with strong empathetic interpersonal skills and sensitivity.
We can offer:-
- A supportive team with regular supervision;
- An initial 3 month assignment, with the potential for extension;
- Competitive rates of pay, PAYE, holiday pay, pension.
- An appropriate Social Work qualification: CQSW, Dip. SW, CSS or equivalent;
- SWE (formerly HCPC) registration;
- Eligibility to work within the UK;
- At least two years post qualification and recent CP/CIN social work experience
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally, you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service; otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Download application form