Are you looking for temporary Waking Nights Relief work?
Are you passionate about the care and welfare of disabled children?
This is a part time relief role with a minimum of 6 shifts over a 4 week rotation. The role is for night shifts from 10pm – 8am and you would work alone.
The rate of pay is £13.41/hour.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience in supporting children and young people with complex health care needs.
- Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification or equivalent.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
The duties include:
- Responsibility for the care of the children
- Responsibility for security of the building
- Respond to any incidents relating to: health/challenging behaviour/administration of medicines
- To support any emergencies regarding fire outbreak and evacuation
- Participate in preparation & serving of breakfast
- To respond effectively to physical/emotional/social needs of children
- To carry out 30 minute checks on all children during the night
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all Work with York staff to share this commitment. Ideally you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update service, otherwise we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply using our application form or upload your CV (with full employment history and contact details of at least two referees – one of whom should be your current or more recent employer).
Download application form