EXCITING COMMUNICATION AND ENGAGEMENT MANAGER ROLE
Could these be words in your personal headline?
Proactive, Dynamic, Engagement Specialist, Media Marvel
WorkwithYork on behalf of their client are recruiting an experienced Communications and Engagement Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the community and stakeholder engagement plan for an exciting city centre initiative
- Delivered successful, audience-appropriate communications and engagement campaigns
- Experience in a similar role in local government, public service, voluntary/community sector or private practice.
- Excellent personal networking and relationship building skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team to implement strategies and to grow the reputation of York and the organisations working towards developing York
- A track record in identifying, designing and delivering campaigns.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- A skilled range of communications skills including marketing techniques, advertising, the media, social media, internal communications, and publications, with a highly developed news sense.
- Understanding and experience of community engagement and consultation approaches
- Social networking expertise
- Good understanding of regional and national and trade media.
Key aspects of the role include –
- Handling media and communications issues for the scheme and associated partners and organisations, commissioning work externally or from elsewhere in the team where necessary.
- Building exceptional relationships with the local community and engaging them in developments through direct communications and engagement activities
- Drafting statements, official comment, press releases, articles, social media content and features on behalf of the council, liaising directly with directorates and partners.
- Organising and leading press conferences, media briefings, and photo-calls in liaison with partners.
Because the work is highly specialised in nature the post holder will be expected to bring their own skills, experience and expertise to the job in order to accomplish their objectives and will be expected to manage and be responsible for their own workload and outputs. The post holder is also expected to act on their own initiative making appropriate decisions as necessary. There will be very little guidance in the form of procedures and guidelines since much of the work will involve unknown situations, innovation and new approaches.
To apply for this role please email an up-to-date CV or download and complete our application form along with details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive and if you are shortlisted for the position we will be in touch within 5 days of receiving your application.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.Download application form