City of York Trading Ltd (CYT) is based in one of York’s most prestigious locations and trades as a recruitment agency under the ‘Work with York’ brand. The business was formed in 2011 initially to provide supply teachers for schools in the region and has expanded into a fully fledged recruitment agency supplying temporary and permanent staff across a broad spectrum of disciplines. CYT is wholly owned by the City of York Council.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience at a senior level in either B2B sales, business development, recruitment, human resources and commercial disciplines. You will be required to attend a board meeting once a month in York and other various ad-hoc meetings. It is envisaged that you will have to commit to one and no more than two days per month.
These roles are non-remunerated. Any allowable expenses incurred in performing Non Executive Director duties will be reimbursed.
The ideal candidate
Will have gained considerable experience in a relevant senior management role and will be comfortable working at board level. Previous board experience is not essential more important is the ability to actively and positively contribute, influence and support the executive to achieve CYT’s stated objectives.
• Resides within York and/or the surrounding area
• Able to commit one, possibly two days per month
• Well networked and able to draw upon your connections where appropriate
• Strong track record of success in a commercial business/enterprise
• Strong financial acumen, comfortable with business plans, P&L’s and financial metrics
• Credible and presentable
• Willing to play an active role and utilise your skills and experience to support the executive
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Senior management experience in any of the following disciplines:
– Business to Business sales
– Business Development
– Human Resources
- Curious and inquisitive with the ability to challenge norms/status quo
- Good developmental, coaching and mentoring skills
- A thorough understanding of the dynamics and challenges associated with recruitment
For an informal discussion about these roles, please telephone Bill Colman, Managing Director on 01904 552902.
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Friday December 14th, 2018